Engaging Whole Bodies for Mathematics
at Walking Scale!
Some information (emailed to you all already):
- Each week we will be doing some activities that require getting out of our chairs (and, on Jan 17, heading outdoors). Be prepared! However, if this will be difficult for you to do, we will find ways for you to participate. Just let me know!
- I have set up a Slack space for our mini-course to share ideas and resources and continue conversation even while we are not face to face. Of course your use of this site is purely optional, but I find it useful to have a group space available during and after these kinds of workshops. You can sign up here. There is a phone app as well as a web client. If you've never used Slack before, here is a text tutorial and a video tutorial. I will also stay after our session tomorrow if you need help getting logged on.
- If you're on twitter, we'll use #WalkingScaleMfA. You can find me at @jasmineyma
- Throughout our 3 sessions I will be video taping some of our activities purely for use within the mini-course (think of it as a document camera, but for moving bodies!). If this makes you uncomfortable, please let me know.
- I will also be taking photographs just to share on my website/twitter. I will hand out a waiver tomorrow. Again, if this makes you uncomfortable, please let me know.
Here is the link to our shared notes (it's a Google doc)